Who are we?
- We're a volunteer-run, not-for-profit Society, founded and supported by a group of people who believe in the power of kids . . . and cookies.
What do we do?
- We provide funding and support to children's community groups and organizations by making and selling cookies and donating 100% of the net profits.
- We also collaborate with others in the community to facilitate and/or develop programming aimed at children's health and education.
How can we afford to donate 100% of net profits to charity?
- We keep our operating costs as low as possible by seeking sponsors and creating mutually beneficial partnerships with other groups in our community.
- We have the support of a fantastic group of volunteers who selflessly give their time and talents to our cause.
- Basically we depend on the kindness of strangers, and the generosity of friends and family.
Who makes the cookies?
- A dedicated team of volunteer bakers.
- All our bakers meet strict criteria: they would bake all day long if we let them, hold a Foodsafe Level 1 certificate, aren't afraid to sing off-key, really know what they're doing when it comes to cookies, and bake their cookies with love.
Why are we doing this?
For lots of reasons, but here are our top 5:
- We love cookies and want to share the cookie joy.
- We believe all children should have an opportunity to reach their full potential, and we want to support those organizations that will help them get there.
- We want to follow a more sustainable model for not for profit organizations.
- We want to make a difference and give others an opportunity to make a difference.
- Most of all, we believe the essence of philanthropy is to promote the welfare of humanity, and that means any one of us can be a philanthropist. Every journey begins with that first step, so we combined our love of cookies with our desire to help children, embraced the social enterprise business model, and Mighty Cookie was born.
Join us on our mighty journey!